Zebra’s First UHF Gen 2 RFID Plastic Card Printers, the Zebra P330i and the Zebra P430i are available now.
Pairing high performance with flexibility to expand applications for access control, security and asset tracking, Modulus Card Printers introduce Ultra High Frequency (UHF) encoding on the most popular performance class printers from Zebra, the P330i and P430i plastic card printers. Offering security options not readily available on the market, UHF Gen 2 RFID encoded cards can help to save time and costs, while heightening security in a host of applications.
Providing increased read range compared to typical smart card technology, this encoding option complements Zebra’s new UHF cards that enable a read-range of up to 30 per cent further than standard UHF cards. Offering the industry’s first and most versatile RFID-enabled capabilities in their class for business, hospitality, recreation and a variety of other applications, Zebra’s proprietary UHF antenna is embedded in the card stock, providing a longer read-range of up to 6 metres from the sensor.
This UHF capability offers a number of key benefits:
* Enhances vehicle and fleet tracking to provide fast, accurate information on transport, entry and exit times
* Improved people tracking at entrances and exits in high-security premises such as hospitals and government buildings
* More efficient access control and visitor tracking by ensuring individuals’ locations are known, as well as ensuring access authentication to secure areas
* Retailers can easily produce RFID-enabled customer loyalty cards to increase customer recognition and service
* Streamlining access in hospitality and leisure applications such as on ski lifts, amusement parks and cruise ships etc.
The card printers/encoders are rugged, fast and easy to use. The Zebra P430i with the UHF option can print and encode as many as 130 single-sided, full-colour cards or 102 dual-sided, full colour cards per hour. Both the P330i and the P430i deliver clear, vibrant colour printing and print resolution of 300 dpi.
The P330i and P430i are suitable for transponder types EPC Class 0; EPC Class 1, Gen 1; EPC Class 1, Gen 2; ISO18000-6b and 6-c; and others. An SDK to enable integration of the Zebra UHF ready printers is available upon request.
Available in two models, the card printer/encoders feature 4 MB image memory standard, a 16-character LCD display, and an innovative angled, high-capacity card feeder for faster throughput and fewer rejections. They are designed for use with Zebra-designed cards, and are also compatible with cards provided by other solution providers. Product options include a magnetic encoder, Mifare contactless encoder, contact smart card encoder and built-in 10/100 Ethernet capability.