The current economic climate may result in businesses delaying upgrading their systems or extending their usual maintenance schedules for their electronic systems.
This does not mean that ensuring the equipment remains “fit for purpose” and operating at its optimum has to be forgotten as well.
You may never have had any security threats but the very fact that you have access control managed by ID cards suggests that you consider there to be some kind of threat and you take the care and security of your premises and people seriously.
A business must continue to maintain security awareness and access controls so here are a few tips to help you keep those ID card printers working efficiently for you.
Spend a few minutes every day doing some routine maintenance and you will reap the benefits.
Keeping it clean – weekly exercise
- Wipe off the outside of your printer and the printer tray.
- Open it up and remove excess dust and any loose bits of material (ink etc) with a can of compressed air.
- Keeping the output tray closed when the printer isn’t being used will also help reduce the dust inside.
- Ensure users and those responsible for it’s smooth operation have read the operators manual and are familiar with the basic troubleshooting guide usually included in manuals
- Store it in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight when not in use
- Ensure you use genuine Zebra Ribbons and Cards.
- Regularly check that any rollers are clean and operating effectively – poor quality rollers will affect the quality of any ID cards produced
Modulus Card Printers offer a Full Card Printer Service and MOT call us on 01298 83131.